Business Applications and operational systems are all about following a process. It may have many beginnings, branches and outcomes, but all eventualities must be considered and handled.
To this end, we’ll initially gather information about and thoroughly analyse your current system(s) and business processes: what works, what doesn’t, any gaps in functionality and any workarounds that you currently have.
We’ll then work with you to understand more about your business and where you’re headed. We’ll talk to your staff as they can often pinpoint areas of the workflow process that could be improved to enable them to work more efficiently. We’ll also add our own suggestions.
As you’d expect, we’ll consider all aspects of the operational system including data, security, messaging and networks. We’ll then build a blueprint for a new system that:
- carries over any required functionality from your old system
- replaces certain components
- adds functionality that didn’t previously exist, for example:
- the ability to import and export information from one system to another
- detailed management reporting which clients are able to access via a new, secure customer portal
- secure client messaging
- fully automated processes instead of manual or semi-automated processes
- taking feeds from other databases, so only the latest customer information is used
The next step is to articulate all our findings in writing and create a prototype of the new system to help you visualise how it will look and feel and how it will work, even at this early design stage.
If you’d like to talk to use about whether a new operational system is the right move for your business please contact us below with your requirements.